Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
A warm and delicious one-dish hot dinner for two. Be sure to use highly flavor olive oil in the marinade; you can use a cheaper, lighter flavored oil to spray the pan with. For the spray, you can use Pam or similar commerical olive oil nonstick spray, or simply put some olive oil in an oil atomizer if you have one. You can peel the potatoes before slicing if you want; I don't do this because I like them skin on, which also adds a bit more color to the dish. You can substitute about 6 little red-skinned new potatoes for the two large potatoes, if you prefer.
- In a mini-processor, puree marinade contents.
- Pour marinade over steaks & marinate in refrigerator 1/2 hour.
- Meanwhile, boil potatoes just until al dente & slice thin.
- Spray a baking dish with olive oil spray.
- Place sliced potatoes in baking dish and sprinkle a small amount of the marinade over them.
- Top with salmon steaks.
- Pour the rest of the marinade over the steaks and scatter the capers over the whole dish.
- Bake at 400F 10 minutes and test for doneness--when cut into, flesh should be opaque but not yet flaking. If necessary, bake longer, testing every couple minutes; it should not take longer than 15 minutes.
- Place a bed of greens on each of two dinner plates, place half the potatoes and a salmon steak on each bed of greens, dribble any marinade left in pan over the top and sprinkle with parsley.
This is excellent! I was unable to find salmon steaks and had to use salmon fillets. The potatoes were done in reverse order from the recipe. The were sliced thin and then boiled for a few minutes, worked great. This makes a delicious light dinner for 2 served with fresh baked rolls and fruit.