Recipe by diner524
I love grilling out side dishes along with the main dish, such easy clean up after dinner. This is a recipe I found on the Land O'Lakes recipes. Garlic and lemon are the flavorful seasonings in this easy grilled potato and onion recipe.
- 6 medium potatoes, washed, unpeeled, thinly sliced (6 cups)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced roasted garlic (purchased)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, freshly grated (may substitute lemon juice but would increase it to 2-3 TBSP)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat gas grill on medium or charcoal grill until coals are ash white.
- Mound potatoes and onion evenly among 6 (12-inch) squares heavy-duty aluminum foil sprayed with no-stick cooking spray (I love using the new non-stick foil - no spray needed). Sprinkle with garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Dot each serving with 2 teaspoons butter.
- Bring edges of foil up to center; tightly seal top and sides of each packet.
- Place foil packets onto grill. Cover; grill, turning once, until potatoes are tender (15 to 30 minutes but will vary depending on grill temp).
- Oven Directions: Heat oven to 375°F Prepare potatoes and onion mixture as directed above. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Recipe Tip.
- Place potatoes and onion in disposable aluminum pan. Sprinkle evenly with garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper; top with butter. Cover pan with heavy duty aluminum foil. Grill as directed above, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender (25 to 35 minutes).