Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My father loves injectable marinades but they are expensive and hard to find so I went on a search to see what recipes I could find for him.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, to taste (optional)
- Note you must use very finely ground pepper in this or it will clog the injector.
- Mix all ingredietnts and stir until salt is completely dissolved. Use with marinade injector.
I'm not rating because I didn't follow the recipe exactly. I left out the maple syrup completely due to diabetes. I used it on a whole chicken made in the Nuwave oven, and it was very good. Thanks, Nyteglori, for providing the base that I can spice to our tastes.
This was a really nice recipe but it only gets 4* cos my other half didn't like it so much. It was a little sweet for my tastes too, but nothing that couldn't be adjusted. I made as directed (without the tabasco sauce) and ended up using coarse ground black pepper because I don't have an injector of my own and it turned out my Mum got rid of hers god knows how long ago without my realising. So perhaps my review is a little unfair because I used it as a regular marinade rather than an injectible one, which is what it is really meant for. Sorry! Anyway, I chose to marinade chicken in this for about 5hrs and it made the meat really juicy and tender. I will probably try 1/2 cup syrup if we have this again, but that's just my personal taste. Thanks for scrummy recipe Nyteglori!