Recipe by southshore cook
Gluten free, Low Carb, Diabetic Friendly and so simple to make!
Top Review by ekaempfer
Sounds delicious...unfortunately this was absolutely the most horrible chicken dish ever. Took a lot longer than 50 minutes for the chicken. The lemon only flavored the green beans which overpowered the flavor of the bean. The chicken had no flavor at all. The potatoes were just a weird texture and just blah. I have no suggestions to make this dish better because I think it's a lost cause. What a waste. It didn't even smell good while baking in the oven...I should have known then this was going to be a fail.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lemons, 1 thinly sliced, 1 juiced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 lb fresh green beans
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 4 chicken breasts (bones left in, with skin) or 3 1⁄4 lbs chicken breasts (bones left in, with skin)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Coat a large baking dish or cast-iron skillet with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Arrange the lemon slices in a single layer in the bottom of the dish or skillet.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper; add the green beans and toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, remove the green beans and arrange them on top of the lemon slices. Add the potatoes to the same olive-oil mixture and toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, arrange the potatoes along the inside edge of the dish or skillet on top of the green beans. Place the chicken in the same bowl with the olive-oil mixture and coat thoroughly. Place the chicken, skin-side up, in the dish or skillet. Pour any of the remaining olive-oil mixture over the chicken.
- Roast for 50 minutes. Remove the chicken from the dish or skillet. Place the beans and potatoes back in oven for 10 minutes more or until the potatoes are tender. Place a chicken breast on each of 4 serving plates; divide the green beans and potatoes equally. Serve warm.