Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
For garlic lovers only! Please use fresh garlic and fresh lemon juice. Yes this has a very strong flavor...but I think it's wonderful! I love it so much I usually double the garlic mixture.
- In a small bowl combine the garlic and parsley. Season with salt and pepper (I like a lot of pepper) to taste. Reserve half of the mixture for the sauce.
- Gently lift the skin of each chicken breast half to form a small pocket. Stuff each pocket with a quarter of the remaining garlic mixture.
- Grill or broil chicken breasts 8-10 minutes on each side until springy to the touch. Do not overcook.
- Heat the butter in a small skillet and add the remaining garlic mixture. Saute for a few seconds, add lemon juice, and heat through.
- Spoon sauce over chicken breasts to serve.
Awesome chicken recipe for the garlic lover! My garlic didnt look to good so I used minced garlic that I had in the fridge. Used about 3 or 4 good tablespoons of garlic for the sauce and it was so good. I had skinless chicken breast so I browned it nicely then added some chicken broth and put the lid on it to finish cooking. When finished cooking I took the chicken out of the pan and made the sauce. Spooned the sauce on the chicken and loved the garlic and lemon flavors! Made and reviewed for Kittencal's tag game.
I made this based on cooks4_6 recommendation for the Top Favorites of 2008 game. Delicious, moist, and easy! Next time I will use more lemon juice plus a bit of zest, too. I feel that the garlic is a bit much and will reduce it. DH grilled them 10 minutes per side and that was not enough so we then put them into a 450 degree oven for an additional 15 minutes. Thank you Engrossed for sharing. Made for Top Favorites of 2008!
WOW: what a recipe! 'For garlic lovers only!' Engrossed advised. Ah, a recipe for me! Also very lemony: a double plus, for me! And SO quick to prepare, making it a great week-night recipe that's suitable for even the most special of dinner guests. I usually used skinless chicken breasts, but I happily made this with the skin on, so I could have some magic pockets to stuff! One cannot play the virtuous low-fat game every night, and in view of how delicious this was - just LOVED the underskin stuffing - this was relatively low-fat. I followed Brenda's advice - her photographs were just SO inspirational - and doubled the lemon butter sauce, which was indeed superb. I really recommend doing that. I made this for All New Zaar Cookbooks Tag, and know that I'll make it again. Thanks for sharing this fabulous recipe, Engrossed.