Recipe by Engrossed
For garlic lovers only! Please use fresh garlic and fresh lemon juice. Yes this has a very strong flavor...but I think it's wonderful! I love it so much I usually double the garlic mixture.
Top Review by lauralie41
Awesome chicken recipe for the garlic lover! My garlic didnt look to good so I used minced garlic that I had in the fridge. Used about 3 or 4 good tablespoons of garlic for the sauce and it was so good. I had skinless chicken breast so I browned it nicely then added some chicken broth and put the lid on it to finish cooking. When finished cooking I took the chicken out of the pan and made the sauce. Spooned the sauce on the chicken and loved the garlic and lemon flavors! Made and reviewed for Kittencal's tag game.
- 1 small head of garlic, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 chicken breast halves (boned or not but with skin)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl combine the garlic and parsley. Season with salt and pepper (I like a lot of pepper) to taste. Reserve half of the mixture for the sauce.
- Gently lift the skin of each chicken breast half to form a small pocket. Stuff each pocket with a quarter of the remaining garlic mixture.
- Grill or broil chicken breasts 8-10 minutes on each side until springy to the touch. Do not overcook.
- Heat the butter in a small skillet and add the remaining garlic mixture. Saute for a few seconds, add lemon juice, and heat through.
- Spoon sauce over chicken breasts to serve.