Recipe by Sarah in New York
These are so good and not very hard to make. They taste really yummy and fresh. My friends can't stop talking about them! I haven't met a person yet that isn't crazy about them. I use real butter instead of olive oil. It makes them taste better. If you are a "health nut" and do not like butter, then find a different recipe. These are very buttery and not healthy at all, but a great treat.
Top Review by lisa97225
These are really good. I'm only taking off one star because the recipe is not well written and you kind of need to improvise. It doesn't give the amount of pizza dough to start with. It tells you to melt the butter and mix together the other ingredients (one of which is the parmesan), then later tells you to sprinkle with parmesan, so I assume you leave the parmesan out of step 4. It mentions tossing them in the butter mixture and letting them "soak," but you cannot "soak" this many knots in that amount of butter. It also says to toss in butter again after sprinkling with cheese - which would just remove the cheese. So...if you just take this as a list of ingredtients, and then do what seems logical, you'll end up with some yummy garlic knots. Just don't try to follow the recipe. :)
- pizza dough (enough for one pizza crust)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup approx parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll dough into a rectangle and cut into strips. Cut strips in half.
- Tie strips into knots and place on a greased baking sheet. (try to make them small, they will rise!).
- Melt butter and mix into it the garlic, garlic poweder and oregano.
- Brush butter mixture over the tops of the knots and place in oven.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, rotating pans halfway through.
- Keep your eye on them. As soon as the tops feel dry take them out. They will be nice an doughy on the inside!
- Toss them in the butter mixture and let stand for about 5 minutes or so.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and toss again.
- Serve immediately.