Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are traditionally served with grilled meats. Adapted from the Barbecue Bible.
Make and share this Garlic Kebabs recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Thread 3 cloves of garlic onto a large toothpick.
- Repeat with remaining garlic.
- Brush with sesame oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Loosely wrap each kebab in aluminum foil.
- Arrange on grill.
- Cook until tender, about 5 minutes per side, turning with tongs. Remove foil in last few minutes to brown garlic slightly.
What a clever idea! I never thought of making little kebabs of just garlic. Unfortunately, I did not have any sesame oil in the cupboard (forgot to buy more), so I used olive oil instead. They cooked up beautifully. I made as directed using an indoor grill (as the outdoor temp was around -2 here last night). I think the total time was around 20 minutes on indirect heat and then unwrapped and charred at the finish. This was a great side to serve with grilled rib eye steaks. Thanks for posting.