Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
An easy way to prepare green beans that will usually even get those who don't like green beans to eat them :) These come a little better if you thaw the green beans first -in fridge for a few hours, or if time constricted - I have popped them in the microwave for a few minutes. The measurements for dry ingredients are approximate - you can play with them an adjust to your own taste - I usually don't measure mine. This recipe doubles well.
- Saute fresh garlic in the oil for a few minutes, but don't let garlic start to brown.
- Add green beans in and stir them to coat with the oil.
- Sprinkle all dry ingredients on the green beans except the parm cheese.
- Cover and let saute for about an hour, stirring occasionaly.
- When green beans lose the bright green color and become tender, turn off the heat an sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy! Delicious!
As written this had way too much salt/pepper and garlic. I made this and had to throw it away as no one ate it. I made again as I thought it had potential. I used a tablespoon of garlic, 1/4 tsp of pepper, salt and garlic powder and kept the cheese the same. Everyone enjoyed them that way. I also only had to cook mine for about 30 minutes instead of an hour that is stated in the directions. Made for Fall PAC 2008.