straw and hay are white and green linguine that are combined. Minced proscuitto, mushrooms and a creamy cheese sauce. Recipe from Garlic Lovers cookbook
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 8 garlic cloves, fresh, minced
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced thin with stems included
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto, minced or 1⁄4 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces linguine
- 8 ounces spinach linguine
- 1 cup light cream
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus additional for topping
- Melt 3 Tablespoons butter in large frying pan. Add garlic and saute until slightly brown.
- Add sliced mushrooms, sprinkle with a dash of salt and saute for 3 minutes tossing occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- In another pan, saute prosciutto in remaining 3 Tablespoons of butter until browned.
- Using 2 pots cook pasta according to directions. The green pasta will take about 1 minute longer to cook then the white.
- After draining the pastas, combine the pastas in a large bowl.
- Reheat skillet with garlic and mushrooms, add cream and chicken broth. When sauce simmers, add parmesan cheese and stir to mix.
- Add prosciutto and toss again.
- Add the pastas to pan, and heat until warm.
- Sprinkle with additional parmesan to taste.