1/2 Photos of Garlic in the Straw and Hay
straw and hay are white and green linguine that are combined. Minced proscuitto, mushrooms and a creamy cheese sauce. Recipe from Garlic Lovers cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 8 garlic cloves, fresh, minced
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced thin with stems included
- 1 dash salt
- 1/4 lb prosciutto, minced or 1/4 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces linguine
- 8 ounces spinach linguine
- 1 cup light cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus additional for topping
- 1Melt 3 Tablespoons butter in large frying pan. Add garlic and saute until slightly brown.
- 2Add sliced mushrooms, sprinkle with a dash of salt and saute for 3 minutes tossing occasionally.
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4In another pan, saute prosciutto in remaining 3 Tablespoons of butter until browned.
- 5Using 2 pots cook pasta according to directions. The green pasta will take about 1 minute longer to cook then the white.
- 6After draining the pastas, combine the pastas in a large bowl.
- 7Reheat skillet with garlic and mushrooms, add cream and chicken broth. When sauce simmers, add parmesan cheese and stir to mix.
- 8Add prosciutto and toss again.
- 9Add the pastas to pan, and heat until warm.
- 10Sprinkle with additional parmesan to taste.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic in the Straw and Hay
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 756.5
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 90.9 mg
- Sodium 358.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 23.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: