Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
A good garlic flavored ice cream from " A Complete Idiots Guide to Homemade Ice Cream".
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3 cups light cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup garlic, pureed
- Beat egg yolks and sugar until light and fluffy.
- In the top of a double boiler over medium heat, combine egg mixture and whole milk.
- Cook until mixture reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit (coats back of spoon).
- Remove egg mixture from heat; stir in honey; place in an ice bath.
- In a mixing bowl, combine half-and-half, light cream, lemon juice, garlic, and cold egg mixture.
- Mix until well combined.
- Cool mixture in 40 degrees Fahrenheit in your refrigerator.
- Place cold mixture into an ice cream freezer. Freeze according to maufacturer's directions.