1 hr 5 mins
abe ray's Note:
A good garlic flavored ice cream from " A Complete Idiots Guide to Homemade Ice Cream".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat egg yolks and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 2In the top of a double boiler over medium heat, combine egg mixture and whole milk.
- 3Cook until mixture reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit (coats back of spoon).
- 4Remove egg mixture from heat; stir in honey; place in an ice bath.
- 5In a mixing bowl, combine half-and-half, light cream, lemon juice, garlic, and cold egg mixture.
- 6Mix until well combined.
- 7Cool mixture in 40 degrees Fahrenheit in your refrigerator.
- 8Place cold mixture into an ice cream freezer. Freeze according to maufacturer's directions.
Browse Our Top Ice Cream Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.6
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 70.8 mg
- Sodium 31.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 2.7 g