Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The garlic in this delicious hummus gives it a great spicy kick! We love it so much we make it at least once a week :)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can garbanzo beans (drained, but save the liquid)
- 6 tablespoons water (from the drained can you reserved)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 3 -5 tablespoons lemon juice (depending on taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 6 -8 garlic cloves, minced
- Combine all but the last 2 ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Stir in the tahini and garlic.
- Chill in the refrigerator and serve with pita triangles, veggies, crackers, or on a sandwich. Enjoy!
This is a very good hummus recipe and I made it to go in Mediterranean Dip - it worked very well and really added a great flavor to the dip. I made this recipe as directed, but did add additional cumin. Will definitely make this dish again.
Hummus is always going to be a win for me and I love garlic. So, it was a good combination for me. I served mine with toasted whole wheat pitas and some olives. Made for Zee Zany Zesty Cookz for ZWT 6.
I love hummus . . . it so easy and tasty. Really like the extra garlic in this version! I upped the paprika a bit. Made for ZWT #6 Sand and Spice Challenge!