Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Creamy and fluffy with a hint of garlic and horseradish.
- 5 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- coarse salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Place potatoes and garlic in a large pot; add enough salted water to cover by 1 inch.
- Bring to a boil; cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with the tip of knife, about 20 minutes.
- Drain well, and return to pan.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium low heat, combine milk, butter and horseradish.
- Cook until butter is melted and milk is hot.
- Using a ricer, rice potatoes into a large bowl.
- Stir in milk mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
Wow!! This recipe sure fit the menu for the Barbecued Brisket I made. The horseradish really does the trick. Thanks!!
These are so good! Will definately make again. Thank you for sharing.
I really enjoyed this. I could've upped the horseradish a bit for me but wife thought it was just right. Thanks.