Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Garlic & Horseradish...what could be better?! I got this recipe form Central Market located here in TX and changed it a bit. (Cook time is actually the time to let it marinate in the fridge)
- 1⁄2 cup prepared non-creamy horseradish
- 1⁄4 cup creole mustard or 1⁄4 cup any spicy mustard
- 10 -12 cloves garlic, peeled,finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 2 -4 New York strip steaks or 2 -4 rib eye steaks or 2 -4 porterhouse steaks (this is also great using a roast)
- kosher salt or sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- Whisk the horseradish, mustard, garlic, olive oil and 2 tablespoons pepper in a bowl.
- Spread generously over the beef.
- Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Season with kosher salt and additional pepper.
- Grill or broil to desired temperature.
- Note: It is best never to pierce a steak with a fork when turning as you will lose some of the juices and cause the steak to be less tender.
- Also, when grilling, may I suggest grilling an onion at the same time (This trick taught to me by Titanium Chef, her recipe#25572).
- Note: To avoid the crust from falling off while grilling I suggest using a flat grill pan (the type with the holes in it). Be sure to spray it with a non-stick spray and let it heat before placing the steak on it.