1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Garlic & Horseradish...what could be better?! I got this recipe form Central Market located here in TX and changed it a bit. (Cook time is actually the time to let it marinate in the fridge)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup prepared non-creamy horseradish
- 1/4 cup creole mustard or 1/4 cup any spicy mustard
- 10 -12 cloves garlic, peeled,finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 2 -4 New York strip steaks or 2 -4 rib eye steaks or 2 -4 porterhouse steaks (this is also great using a roast)
- kosher salt or sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1Whisk the horseradish, mustard, garlic, olive oil and 2 tablespoons pepper in a bowl.
- 2Spread generously over the beef.
- 3Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- 4Season with kosher salt and additional pepper.
- 5Grill or broil to desired temperature.
- 6Note: It is best never to pierce a steak with a fork when turning as you will lose some of the juices and cause the steak to be less tender.
- 7Also, when grilling, may I suggest grilling an onion at the same time (This trick taught to me by Titanium Chef, her Captain Blue's Grill-Roasted Onions).
- 8Note: To avoid the crust from falling off while grilling I suggest using a flat grill pan (the type with the holes in it). Be sure to spray it with a non-stick spray and let it heat before placing the steak on it.
Browse Our Top Kosher Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Kosher Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic & Horseradish Crusted Steaks
Serving Size: 1 (665 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 786.3
- Calories from Fat 506
- Total Fat 56.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 215.4 mg
- Sodium 495.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 57.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prepared non-creamy horseradish