Recipe by Sharon123
This will help relieve sore throats and coughs. I've given 2 other remedies which help too. Adapted from Tao Herb Farm.
Top Review by creads
I love this recipe however there is a problem/question. My cough is usually gone by 2 weeks. Can I store the honey garlic syrup indefinitely? Where should I store it? Store until garlic turns opaque? The garlic is already opaque. Store until the honey is opaque? I started a jar of this stuff and forgot about it... it's been hanging out on a shelf for almost 6 months. Do I need to worry about botulism?
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel garlic cloves, put into a jar and cover with honey.
- Set in warm place for 2 weeks or more until the garlic turns opaque.
- Take 1 teaspoonful as needed to get relief.
- Dilute with a little water or lemon juice to help it go down easier. Children like it better this way too.
- Variation for sore throat:.
- 2 teaspoons honey.
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice or to taste.
- 1 cup water.
- Boil water, add honey and lemon. Drink to relieve sore throat.
- Another good thing to do when you have a sore throat is:.
- Gargle with hot salt water.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt to 8 ounces of water 4-5 times a day.