1/3 Photos of Garlic Hoagie Rolls
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
I found this recipe in the 2010 Taste of Home's " The Best of Country Cooking ", it was sent into them by Patty Ryan of Merrill, Wisconsin. Prep time does not include rising time in bread machine and for second rising. UPDATE: I made this recipe on 4/12/11 and changed a couple of the ingredients to my personal tastes.Instead of 1 teaspoon of of dried chives, 1 1/2 teaspoons were used. And the 1/2 teapoon garlic salt was changed to 1 1 /2 teaspoons of garlic powder was used.The rising time in the machine and the second rise in the oven isn't included in the time to prep. Submitted to Food.com ( A.K.A. ZAAR ) on April 9th.2011
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup warm water (70 to 80 degrees )
- 1/2 cup warm milk (70 to 80 degrees )
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced chives or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 1/4 cups bread flour
- 3 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 1In bread machine pan,place all the ingredients in order suggested by manufactuter.
- 2Select the dough cycle setting( check the dough after 5 minutes to see if you might need to add 1 to 2 teaspoons of extra flour or water.).
- 3When cycle is completed,turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 9 pieces.
- 4Shape each into a 4 1/2 inch x 1 1/2 inch roll, and place 4 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- 5Cover;let rise in a warm place until doubled, 20 to 30 minutes.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Hoagie Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.8
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 25.9 mg
- Sodium 158.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 7.5 g