Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a wonderful blend of garlic and herbs. Use it to flavor vegetables such as cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage or turnips. When combined with butter or margarine, it is excellent on toasted crusty bread, which can be served as an appetizer or accompaniment to any pasta dish.
- 2 tablespoons dried leaf marjoram
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons dried leaf basil
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf thyme
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
For Garlic-Herb bread you will need
- 1 loaf crusty French bread
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons garlic and herb seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- In an airtight container, combine all ingredients.
- Cover tightly and shake well.
- Store in a cool dry place.
- Directions For Garlic-Herb Bread:.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut bread into 16 slices (halve each slice if serving as an appetizer).
- Arrange in a single layer on large baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, blend butter and 2 teaspoons garlic-herb seasoning.
- Spread evenly over bread slices.
- Sprinkle slices with sesame seeds.
- Bake until hot and crisp, about 10-15 minutes.
I made the spice mixture and used it in place of the commercial mix for Recipe #37037. Looking forward to using the left over to make the bread. I know it will be great.
This was pretty good ... I didn't have rosemary, so I substituted savory. I'd probably like it better with rosemary. I also might add more garlic powder to the blend.
Shelbyrose, this is great. I used it for the chicken recipe #47475. It's the perfect blend! Thank you.