Recipe by internetnut
Suggested meats to use rub on: Fish, Chicken breast, Lean pork, Lean lamb, or Lean beef. Each serving is 3/4 teaspoon. I found this recipe in Diabetic Living. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 1 tablespoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded lemon peel or 1 tablespoon dried lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried sage, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Rub 1 tablespoon herb mixture on 1 pound of meat and cook as desired.
- To store: If using fresh lemon peel, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week or freeze up to 1 month. If using dried lemon peel, store in anairtight container at room temperature up to 6 months.