I found this in a Quick and Simple magazine last week.This looked so good that I made it the same night. I added partially cooked potatoes to the pan after the first 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Pat pork dry with paper towel and place in shallow roasting pan.
- In a small bowl mix all the ingredients together and rub all over the pork.
- Place pork in oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Lower temperature to 300°F and roast another 20 minutes or until pork reaches 150°F on thermometer.
- Remove pork and let rest for to minutes covered loosely with a tent of tin foil.
Excellent! All ingredients on hand. Made great gravy! Quick and easy. This one is in the keeper file!
Very good and easy to put together. I omitted the sage and rosemary since we do not like them, and substituted an herb blend instead. My pork roast was over 4 pounds. I roasted at at 500 degrees F. for about 15 minutes, than at 350 degrees for about an hour and a half, until the interior temperature reached 150 degrees F. After standing time, it was done perfectly. Made for ZWT4.
I roasted this in a 200 degree oven for 5 hours. The herb combination comes thru very strongly on this rub and so if you're leery of a taste of garlic or herbs you might want to back off a bit on the quantity. My family really enjoyed it as posted. Glad I tagged for May's AU Recipeswap 08'