1/1 Photo of Garlic-Herb Pizza Crust (Gluten Free)
Emily Elizabeth's Note:
This crust works great rolled thick or even very thin for a delightfully crispy and sturdy crust. This recipe uses brown rice flour for added nutrients and it is very quick since there is no rising time. If you make the dry mix ahead of time and store in the freezer in individual baggies, you can have your dough in the oven in only 10 mins! This is my own take on Carol Fenster's pizza crust recipe in "Cooking Free." I recommend using this crust to make Margherita Pizza (Gluten Free).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon gelatin powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2In a mixer, blend dry mix on low until blended. (Make ahead and store in plastic baggies in fridge or freezer).
- 3Add water, olive oil, honey, and cider vinegar.
- 4Beat on low for 1 minute, then beat on high for 2 minutes (dough will be very soft and sticky).
- 5Meanwhile, lightly brush pan with olive oil and dust liberally with sweet rice flour (Thin cookie sheet for thin crust, heavy pizza pan for thicker crust). (NOTE: Air-bake & perforated pans are not recommended.).
- 6Using a large rubber spatula, scrap down sides of bowl in order to clump dough together and scoop onto prepared pan.
- 7Liberally sprinkle sweet rice flour on dough and rolling pin cover (sock on rolling pin - or it will stick). Roll out to desired thickness (1/8" produces a delightfully crispy thin crust), continuing to sprinkle with flour as needed to prevent sticking.
- 8Bake crust for 10 minutes.
- 9Remove from oven and top with desired toppings. Bake another 10-25 minutes (depending on thickness of crust - 15 is recommended for a very thin crispy crust).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic-Herb Pizza Crust (Gluten Free)
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.3
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 197.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: