Recipe by Engrossed
From: "The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen" by Donna Klein. "Perfect for a party, these crunchy triangles are excellent vehicles for a variety of dips and spreads." "They're also a healthy snack on their own."
- 3 (6 inch) pita bread rounds, quartered (fresh or slightly stale, preferably whole wheat)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 large fresh garlic cloves, minced
- coarse salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cooks Tip: For the best results, use a baking sheet that is not too dark for this recipe; otherwise, watch the pita bread carefully as it burns easily.
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Separate each pita quarter into 2 pieces.
- Arrange in a single layer, rough side up, on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush evenly with the oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the parsley, chives, and garlic.
- Using your fingers, distribute the herb mixture evenly over the pita quarters.
- Sprinkle evenly with coarse salt.
- Bake on the top rack of the oven for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the pita quarters are nicely toasted.