Recipe by Oolala
From Food For Thought, Favorite Recipes of Morristown-Beard School. Can be made 30 minutes before serving - just cover and keep warm.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook stirring occasionally until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add orzo and rice to skillet and stir well.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until pasta and rice are lightly browned.
- Add broth and water stirring constantly; reduce heat to medium low and simmer, covered, until broth is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add green onions, basil and parsley to skillet; stir until just mixed and serve immediately.