Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a deliciously thick and flavoursome bread - and vegan, lactose and egg free to boot! This makes the BEST ploughman's lunch - slice thickly and pile on a plate with sliced cold meats, cheese, sliced apple or pear and some chutney.
- 473.18 ml plain flour
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml mixed herbs
- 4.92 ml whole grain mustard
- 2.46 ml salt
- 591.47 ml water
- 14.79 ml canola oil or 14.79 ml olive oil
- .Lightly grease a loaf tin and set aside. Preheat oven to 400.
- Stir together the flours, baking powder, garlic, herbs, and salt.
- Stir into the dry ingredients the mustard, oil and water until just mixed.
- Pour into the loaf pan and place in the oven. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand for 10-15 minutes before serving.
DH loved it, quite a different flavour and a nice change. It is nice alone and as a sandwich, he made a pastrami sandwich, with lettuce etc., and said it was heavan. It has a lovely crunchy crust and a nice soft crumb. I did have to bake it about 15 minutes longer than stated. I used herbs de provence, half, cumin, a quarter and coriander a quarter, for my herbs and olive oil. I probably will make it again, thanks for posting.