Recipe by foodlovinfoo
This recipe will yield a delicious, authentic tomato-based sauce for your lasagna (or pasta).
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 lb mild sausage
- 8 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons oregano (dried)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (dried)
- 1 tablespoon basil (dried)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup water (if using for lasangna)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend both cans of tomatoes in blender.
- Brown sausage in skillet along with 2 tablespoons olive oil, and 1 tablespoon butter, bake garlic in aluminum foil at 350F for 12 mins, remove garlic and crush garlic until paste-like (I prefer to crush it while still in the aluminum foil).
- Mix well, blended tomatoes, garlic, sausage, Parmesan, herbs, and water (for lasagna).
- Use this as the sauce for your lasagna or spaghetti for a great-tasting Italian dish.