Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
OK... let me first say I'm not a huge fan of eggplant, but this looked so good (got it on a recipe card at Walmart I think), that I had to post it. Hopefully its as good as the picture looks!
- 1 eggplant
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) package cream cheese with garlic and herbs
- 1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti or 1 (14 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- hot cooked pasta
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350. Trim both ends from eggplant. Slice eggplant. Soak slices in salted water for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Coat both sides of eggplant slices with bread crumbs. Heat oil in skillet and cook 3 minutes per side.
- Spread each slice evenly with cheese. Roll up and secure with a toothpick. Place in baking dish.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over eggplant rolls and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve sauce and eggplant rolls over hot cooked pasta. Sprinkle with parmesan.
This was a nice tasting dish, but I did somethins wrong. I sliced the eggplant is circle slices and then couldn't roll it up! So I ended up layering it in a shallow pan, poured the sauce over, and baked it that way. It was still good! Thanks jovigirl!