Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
This is one of those so-good-you-can't-stop-eating-it party nibbles; you might even want to double the recipe. Use any combination of herbs you like; I like fresh thyme and parsley but oregano, chives or basil could be used, too. I like this served with whole-grain crackers or crispy breadsticks.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, white and about an inch of green,minced
- 1 (8 ounce) container soft cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons mixed chopped fresh herbs (thyme, parsley, oregano, chives or basil)
- 1 1⁄2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups romano cheese (about a 3 to 4 ounce chunk)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a small skillet and saute garlic and green onions together for about 5 minutes, until softened.
- Combine the soft cream cheese with the cooled garlic and green onions, then mix in the herbs and Parmesan or Romano.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve with wholegrain crackers or breadsticks; also good with bagel chips or melba toast.