Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Top a salad or soup with these flavorful croutons.
Make and share this Garlic Herb Cheese Croutons recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning (mixture of oregano, rosemary, parsley, basil, thyme, and or marjaram)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 4 cups cubed French bread (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat oil and butter in pan add garlic to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add herbs, salt, pepper and pepper flakes.
- Remove from heat and toss in bread cubes to coat. Sprinkle on cheese. Toss to coat.
- Coat a cookie sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Spread cubes on pan in a single layer.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Check frequently to prevent burning. Cool.
Love these croutons ! Great flavor. I found the French Bread to work very well . I had never used French bread for croutons before. I found the oil and butter could be increased just a bit but I just sprayed the bread with some extra olive oil. That worked great. Wonderful on Caesar salad. My new favorite crouton recipe. (recipe swap #15)
Great, flavourful croutons. Really liked them but I would up both the oil and butter slightly to get a better coating on this amount of bread cubes. We snacked on the cubes yesterday and they're all gone - so this is also a wonderful alternative to other, less healthful snacking. Great wsy to use slightly-stale bread.