Recipe by Kat
Stuff this under the skin of a chicken with extra garlic, use it for garlic bread, a small disc in the center of a hamburger, or use as a "condiment" for fish and seafood. Adapted from "How to Grill" by Raichlen. You've got to check that book out.
Top Review by WaterMelon
This is very good! I served this with homemade focaccia for a dinner party - there were oohs and ahhs at the table! I used 1 TB fresh parsley and 2 TB fresh basil to get a pretty green color. I also added 1/4 tsp of salt as my butter is unsalted. Thanks!
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat all ingredients together with a fork until light and fluffy.
- Place on plastic wrap and roll into a log.
- Twist ends of plastic wrap to"seal" butter inches.
- Store in freezer, and cut off discs of butter as needed.
- You can store this in the fridge, but beware it will not last as long if you use fresh ingredients.
- Try adding chives, rosemary, or tarragon.