Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Found in Health Magazine, this is supposedly the recipe from BLT Market in Manhattan.
- 1 loaf artisan bread (such as French)
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 small shallot
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- Cut bread diagonally, but not all the way through, into 1.5 inch slices.
- Combine last 5 ingredients in a food processor until mixed.
- Slather the butter spread in between each sice and bake at 500 degrees for 5-7 minutes.
My family really enjoyed this! It was a very nice change! I do not have a food processor, I used my vita mix....what a mistake! I was able to get enough out to enjoy this wonder recipe! Thank you JanuaryBride!!!.
Yummy! We all really enjoyed this garlic bread. I added extra green shallots on top, to make it pretty for the photo. Thanks for posting your recipe JanuaryBride
We really enjoyed this though for allergy reasons I had to use finely sliced spring onion in place of shallot and out of habit used 1 teaspoon of garlic per tablespoon of butter. I spread it onto baguette slices and put it under the grill/broiler. Delicious served with a steak dinner. Thank you JanuaryBride, made for Edition 8 - Make My Recipe.