Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great flavorful spread exploding with flavor
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the sour cream, feta cheese, garlic and seasonings.
- Mix well.
- Serve with toasted bagels, bagel chips or warm bread sticks.
This is a WONDERFUL use for plain old cream cheese! My family absolutely loved it, in fact it was all gone before I had the chance to take a picture!! I only used one clove of garlic which was plenty for my taste. I also used all low-fat/fat free ingredients. Thanks for a recipe that will become a regular for my family!
So, as I understand it, when you said "exploding with flavor", you meant exploding with GARLIC! Because, whew! Did mine turn out garlicy! I did use 3 cloves- 2 medium-sized and one very small. BF thinks its a bit much, but I like it. I do think I might use only 2 cloves next time, though. The texture is good- I was hoping for something a bit more like whipped cream cheese- this is a little wetter than that, though. I think next time I might use only like 1/4 cup sour cream. Anyway, if you love garlic, this is great! Nice change from the plain-ol' plain cream cheese or the more common flavors like smoked salmon or strawberry. Would make again... might add more herbs too, though.
Very good. Great on an Everything Bagel. My son who does not even like feta loved it.