Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
We have had this a couple of times over the years when I have been off and on Weight Watchers. It is a nice way of having a bit of a cream pasta meal without having to worry much about the fat grams. I got it from a WW cookbook put out by the UK version of WW a number of years ago. The recipe claims to be 11 points for the whole recipe but I know that UK points and USA points are worked out differently.
- 4 1⁄2 ounces tagliatelle pasta noodles
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 leek, chopped
- 9 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried herbs
- 4 fluid ounces vegetable stock
- 4 1⁄2 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 4 1⁄2 ounces deli ham, smoked
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the tagliatelle in plenty of lightly salted boiling water, according to the instructions on the packet.
- Meanwhile place the garlic, leek, mushrooms and herbs in a large saucepan with the stock and bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and then simmer for 10 minutes, until the leeks are soft.
- Add the cheese, ham, milk and a bit of salt and freshly ground black pepper to the vegetables and mix together.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce tossing everything together well.
- Serve immediately.