Recipe by Manami
This was submitted by Jan Kessler of Woodhaven, Mi. at the Pillsbury Bake-Off 40 (Orlando 2002). These little empanaditas are really wonderful! They just hit the right spot. You can serve them with a side of sour cream topped with chopped green onions or fresh chopped chives. These are great as an appetizer or as snacks.
- 1 (15 ounce) boxpillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, flaked
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) packageboursin spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs
Sour Cream Dip
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives, if desired
- paprika, for sprinkling
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line large cooking or baking sheet with parchment paper or cooking spray.
- Remove pie cruts from pouches; place flat on work surface.
- Cut each into 4 wedge-shaped pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix salmon and cheese.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of mixture evenly over 1/2 of each crust wedge to within 1/4" of edges.
- Brush cut wedges with water.
- Fold untopped dough over filling, form triangle; press edges to seal.
- Then seal edges with tines of the fork.
- Place on cooking sheet.
- Bake 12-17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from cooking sheet; place on wire rack.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Sour Cream Dip:.
- Spoon sour cream into a small bowl; sprinkle with chives and paprika.
- Place bowl in center of serving platter.
- Cut each warm empanada in half, forming 2 triangles; arrange around bowl.