This was submitted by Jan Kessler of Woodhaven, Mi. at the Pillsbury Bake-Off 40 (Orlando 2002). These little empanaditas are really wonderful! They just hit the right spot. You can serve them with a side of sour cream topped with chopped green onions or fresh chopped chives. These are great as an appetizer or as snacks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) box pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, flaked
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) package boursin spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs
Sour Cream Dip
- 2Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 3Line large cooking or baking sheet with parchment paper or cooking spray.
- 4Remove pie cruts from pouches; place flat on work surface.
- 5Cut each into 4 wedge-shaped pieces.
- 6In a small bowl, mix salmon and cheese.
- 7Spread about 2 tablespoons of mixture evenly over 1/2 of each crust wedge to within 1/4" of edges.
- 8Brush cut wedges with water.
- 9Fold untopped dough over filling, form triangle; press edges to seal.
- 10Then seal edges with tines of the fork.
- 11Place on cooking sheet.
- 12Bake 12-17 minutes or until golden brown.
- 13Immediately remove from cooking sheet; place on wire rack.
- 14Cool 10 minutes.
- 15Sour Cream Dip:.
- 16Spoon sour cream into a small bowl; sprinkle with chives and paprika.
- 17Place bowl in center of serving platter.
- 18Cut each warm empanada in half, forming 2 triangles; arrange around bowl.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Herb and Salmon Empanadas
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.2
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 5.7 mg
- Sodium 264.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs