Recipe by Brooke the Cook in WI
No tomatoes in this guac - which makes it a great one for when fresh tomatoes aren't readily available. I often make it in the summer even when tomatoes are available as this is one of my favorite guacs - fair warning though, the garlic comes through loud and clear!! Course salt (I use sea salt) is smashed with the garlic and then combined with avocado, jalapeno and onions! Adapted from Rachel Ray
Top Review by BettyBoop330
Loved this guacamole! Doubled the recipe, as the avocados were on the small side. Used lime instead of lemon, and jalapenos from a jar, as we don't have fresh ones where I live. I was happy to find a recipe without tomatoes, as I don't use them when not in season. Yum, yum!
- 1 avocado
- 1 jalapeno, minced (seeds removed if you choose, I leave in cuz I like the heat!)
- 1⁄4 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve avocado and scoop pulp into medium bowl. Add minced jalapeños and finely chopped onions.
- Place chopped garlic clove on cutting surface and sprinkle with the sea salt (or other course salt). Using the side of a knife, mash the salt into the garlic until you have a paste.
- Add garlic paste & lemon juice to avocado mixture and mash together with a fork until desired consistency is reached making sure to distribute garlic throughout.
- Serve with tortilla chips! Store leftovers in tightly covered container in fridge - although best eaten right away.