Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve with tortilla chips. Don't make more then a couple of hours in advance, should be served as soon as you can. There are a lot of guacamole recipes on this site but this one's a bit different.
- 1 avocado, ripe
- 1⁄8 lb firm tofu
- 4 -6 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 medium bell pepper
- 2 green onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 -6 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- tortilla chips, for dipping
- Mash avocado and tofu in a bowl.
- Squeeze garlic through garlic press and add to avocado.
- Finely chop bell pepper and green onion and stir.
- Add herbs and spices.
- Mix well.
- Add hot sauce, stir in lime juice.
- This can be refrigerated as leftovers but don't make more the a few hours in advance of serving.
Great use of tofu, but I really didn't care for the curry flavor. Next time I'll leave it out and use cilantro instead of parsley. Thanks for a good start.
I loved this, the herbs are a great change to the more traditional recipes, and the lime juice really 'sings'! Made one tiny change (based on Rita's comment), which was to sub some Jamaican curry paste for the curry powder. This kept it well balanced and flavoursome.
Interesting! I love the idea of tofu on this. I found that the curry and scallions took over in taste. I do enjoy curry but in here it was just OK. My scallions were big so I used one. Used red bell pepper which gave this nice splash of color. Cilantro is my choice when it comes to guacamole. Different and good!