Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Traditional Southern breakfast staple. serve on it's own or along side your eggs. Great fried if there are leftovers. Grits is an aquired taste.
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons lite olive oil (or virgin)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2⁄3 cup stone ground corn grits
- 2 cups water
- In a small sauce pan, medium high heat saute the garlic in the oil until softened but do not brown it.
- Add water, salt and tabasco sauce.
- Slowly add the grits stirring all the time with a wire whisk.
- When well incorporated,cover, lower heat and simmer for about 5 minutes or until grits have thickened.
I used to hate grits. Then I moved to Augusta, GA where grits are a staple in every meal it seems. Until then I was unaware of the versatillity of them. I tried them with Tabasco's new chipolte pepper sauce and just before they were finished, I added 3/4 cup shredded chedder cheese and 1/4 cup of chopped green onions. Great!
Yummers! Never made grits before but these turned out creamy and delicious:) I sauteed in a small red onion and finished with grated cheese and pepper. Will be making this again, tx for sharing!
There's one thing i love more than spicy food and thats grits... and This recipe incorporates both spicy food and grits with cheese what more could you ask for