Recipe by Bergy
Traditional Southern breakfast staple. serve on it's own or along side your eggs. Great fried if there are leftovers. Grits is an aquired taste.
Top Review by Blayke Humphrey
I used to hate grits. Then I moved to Augusta, GA where grits are a staple in every meal it seems. Until then I was unaware of the versatillity of them. I tried them with Tabasco's new chipolte pepper sauce and just before they were finished, I added 3/4 cup shredded chedder cheese and 1/4 cup of chopped green onions. Great!
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons lite olive oil (or virgin)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2⁄3 cup stone ground corn grits
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small sauce pan, medium high heat saute the garlic in the oil until softened but do not brown it.
- Add water, salt and tabasco sauce.
- Slowly add the grits stirring all the time with a wire whisk.
- When well incorporated,cover, lower heat and simmer for about 5 minutes or until grits have thickened.