Traditional Southern breakfast staple. serve on it's own or along side your eggs. Great fried if there are leftovers. Grits is an aquired taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small sauce pan, medium high heat saute the garlic in the oil until softened but do not brown it.
- 2Add water, salt and tabasco sauce.
- 3Slowly add the grits stirring all the time with a wire whisk.
- 4When well incorporated,cover, lower heat and simmer for about 5 minutes or until grits have thickened.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Grits
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.3
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 60.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 3.2 g