Recipe by Scarlett516
From Taste of Home
Top Review by Realtor by day, Chef by night
What a great steak recipe! We really enjoyed this. I will definitely be using this recipe alot in the future. I didn't mash my garlic into a paste but instead minced it, mixed everything together and brushed it onto both sides of my steaks. I let my steaks marinate on the counter for about an hour and then broiled them in the oven. OMG they were delicious. Thanks Scarlett! Made for ZWT5 for the Kitchen Witches.
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 (10 ounce) New York strip steaks (1 1/2 inches thick and 8 inches each) or 4 (10 ounce) boneless rib eye steaks (1 1/2 inches thick and 8 inches each)
Directions See How It's Made
- With a mortar and pestle, combine the garlic, salt, and pepper. Add the oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and mix to form a paste.
- Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°F, medium 160°F, well-done 170°F).
- Brush with garlic mixture during the last few minutes of grilling. Let stand for 3-5 minutes before serving.