Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Great garlicky flavor. Prep time does NOT include marinating. This works in the oven, too.
- 1 (4 -5 lb) leg of lamb, trimmed of excess fat
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄8 cup crushed rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 -15 whole garlic cloves
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes, drained
- Rinse lamb and pat dry.
- With a sharp knife, cut random slits in the meat and insert the slices of garlic in the slits.
- Tie lamb if desired and place in a plastic baggie or plastic or glass bowl.
- Combine balsamic vinegar, wine, honey, rosemary, coriander, oregano, and minced garlic and pour over lamb. Refrigerate and marinate for 6-12 hours for best results.
- Place lamb and marinade in a grill-safe roasting pan. Add the whole garlic cloves and pour diced tomatoes over top of the lamb.
- Cover w/ foil and grill 8-10" above flame for about 1- 1 1/2 hours, turning and basting halfway through cooking time.
- Allow to rest before carving. Serve with the pan juices and whole roasted garlic cloves over top.
- ***For the oven, roast at 350°F for about 90 minutes.***.