Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Great for cook-outs.
Top Review by Mirj
Last night's delicious dinner, and leftovers for lunch today, and I can hardly wait. I get my chicken breasts pre-flattened at the supermarket. I used a mild salsa instead of the picante sauce, and the aroma coming off the grill was tempting all my neighbors! Thanks, Nurse Di, this one is going to be made often, especially now that the summer is here!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- additional picante sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place each chicken breast between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-inch thickness, using a meat mallet; cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Place in a shallow container.
- Combine next 7 ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour over chicken;cover and chill 1-2 hours.
- Thread chicken onto skewers; cook over hot coals 6-8 minutes or until done, turning occasionally and basting with remaining marinade.
- Serve with picante sauce.