Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
Great for cook-outs.
Make and share this Garlic Grilled Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- additional picante sauce
- Place each chicken breast between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-inch thickness, using a meat mallet; cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Place in a shallow container.
- Combine next 7 ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour over chicken;cover and chill 1-2 hours.
- Thread chicken onto skewers; cook over hot coals 6-8 minutes or until done, turning occasionally and basting with remaining marinade.
- Serve with picante sauce.
Last night's delicious dinner, and leftovers for lunch today, and I can hardly wait. I get my chicken breasts pre-flattened at the supermarket. I used a mild salsa instead of the picante sauce, and the aroma coming off the grill was tempting all my neighbors! Thanks, Nurse Di, this one is going to be made often, especially now that the summer is here!
Oh how wonderful. Made this for Memorial Day cook-out. Folks stopped dead in their tracks when they smelled the aroma. They tasted even better. This was so easy and a real crowd pleaser. Thanks for another great recipe.
This chicken was soooo tender and easy to prepare. Great on the BBQ. We served over rice and it was fabulous. We are going to try it w/pork next. Thanks for a great recipe:-)