Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Not your ordinary grilled cheese sandwich.
Make and share this Garlic Grilled Cheese on Rye recipe from Food.com.
- 4 slices rye bread (large thick slices)
- 4 garlic cloves, halved
- 4 -6 ounces feta cheese, thinly sliced (or crumbled)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or 2 tablespoons green onions
- 6 ounces thinly sliced monterey jack cheese (a mild white melting cheese, may also be shredded) or 1 medium asiago cheese (a mild white melting cheese, may also be shredded) or 1 medium chaume cheese (a mild white melting cheese, may also be shredded)
- Preheat broiler.
- Lightly toast the bread on a baking sheet under the broiler.
- Rub both sides of bread with garlic; chop any leftover garlic and set aside.
- Lay the feta over the top of the garlic-rubbed toasts; sprinkle with leftover chopped garlic followed by chives; top with the white cheese.
- Broil until the cheese melts and sizzles, lightly browning in spots, and the edges of the toasts are crisp and brown.
- Serve immediately, hot and oozing.