Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Ahhh... Gaaahlic! Who doesn't love it? I was making a variation of the Potato Chip Chicken recipe and melted a bit too much margarine. So I stuck it in the fridge and made this grilled cheese the next day. I'll never make plain grilled cheese again!
- The measurements on the margarine are approximate since I made a large portion of the garlic margarine and keep it in the fridge.
- Put garlic salt and margarine in small saucepan or microwave-safe bowl and melt.
- Place in refrigerator to cool to a semi-solid state.
- Pour off any liquid that settles on the top.
- Use the garlic margarine mixture to butter one side of each slice of bread and place buttered side down on a griddle.
- Place cheese on top of one piece of bread.
- Cook until browned on bottom (bread is usually ready when the cheese is good and melted).
- Slap the two pieces together and Enjoy!
Yum! Just adding a bit of garlic salt makes a huge difference. Not that normal grilled cheese sandwiches aren't great, but this makes them even better. Thanks!
Thank you for the wonderful change in our lunch! Gave this 5 stars since the non-grilled cheese eater in our family asked for more and said, "Oh, Mom, these are GOOD!" Made this for Fall PAC'08.
Since reading this recipe quite awhile ago, I never make grilled cheese without garlic! It is super!! Funny how such a little thing changes something so simple into something special.