Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This comes from the produce dept. of my local grocery store. I added more garlic, cuz that's how I am. ;)
- Heat grill to medium-high direct heat.
- Trim sharp tips from artichokes. Cut artichokes in half lengthwise. Brush both sides of artichokes w/ 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Place artichokes on grill and grill for about 5 minutes on each side or until they are slightly charred. Remove from grill.
- Tear off 4 12" x 12" pieces of aluminum foil. Place each artichoke half on 1 square of foil, cut side up.
- Sprinkle garlic and lemon zest evenly over artichokes. Drizzle with melted butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Wrap foil edges up around artichoke halves but don't close completely. Add 1 tbsp water to each packet. Close foil packet. Grill over indirect heat for 35-45 minutes or until tender.
- Serve w/ additional melted butter for dipping, if desired.
If you have the grill going anyway, this is a great way to cook an artichoke. I didn't feel that the taste was much different than my normal method on the stove, but I'll keep this in mind for camping. Made for ZWT6.
Great recipe....I thought it had great flavor. I had never thought to grill artichokes. I did have to finish these in the oven due to rain....but still turned out great. Thanks made for ZWT4 by a CHIC CHEF.
ZWT4 recipe. I'd never grilled artichokes before, so this was something fun & new to try. They turned out cooked just right. The flavors of the garlic and lemon zest didn't make it all the way inside, so next time, I'll melt some butter and add extra lemon zest and garlic to dip the bites in. Thanks for sharing! ~Sue