Recipe by *Parsley*
This comes from the produce dept. of my local grocery store. I added more garlic, cuz that's how I am. ;)
Top Review by IngridH
If you have the grill going anyway, this is a great way to cook an artichoke. I didn't feel that the taste was much different than my normal method on the stove, but I'll keep this in mind for camping. Made for ZWT6.
- 2 artichokes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill to medium-high direct heat.
- Trim sharp tips from artichokes. Cut artichokes in half lengthwise. Brush both sides of artichokes w/ 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Place artichokes on grill and grill for about 5 minutes on each side or until they are slightly charred. Remove from grill.
- Tear off 4 12" x 12" pieces of aluminum foil. Place each artichoke half on 1 square of foil, cut side up.
- Sprinkle garlic and lemon zest evenly over artichokes. Drizzle with melted butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Wrap foil edges up around artichoke halves but don't close completely. Add 1 tbsp water to each packet. Close foil packet. Grill over indirect heat for 35-45 minutes or until tender.
- Serve w/ additional melted butter for dipping, if desired.