Recipe by Munchkin Mama
This is such a quick, easy, nutritious, and inexpensive side dish. I'm not a huge fan of cooked spinach, but this is tasty. From the cheap and easy cookbook.
Top Review by Katanashrp
Mmm...I had some beautiful, locally grown spinach so I've decided to give this recipe a try. I'm glad I did, because it was a big hit. I doubled the amount of garlic (personal preference) and it was perfect. Also, the addition of lemon was a nice touch. Thank you.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced (bottled is fine)
- 20 ounces spinach leaves, washed (bagged is fine)
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a 4 quart saucepan and saute the garlic for 2-3 minutes over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Add the spinach and stir constantly.
- When the spinach is completely wilted, turn off the heat.
- Squeeze the lemon wedges over the spinach and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, these are best hot.