Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Skip the iceberg lettuce -- good on stronger-flavored greens.
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water (or less) (optional)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 garlic cloves (or more)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup green olives, pitted and drained
- Combine all but olives in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Add olives and process just enough to chop them into small pieces.
- If you find it too thin: Reduce or eliminate the water in the recipe.
Vampires beware, this dressing is hazardous to your health. I would heartily recommend this to any human, though. Deliciously garlicky, a must for olive lovers! One word of advice, it's not the prettiest looking dressing at the table, but worth every bite! I used a vinegar flavored with ginger and green peppercorn, which gave it a great kick! I also added about 300 grams of cubed feta cheese. Next time I plan to mix it up with a combo of green and black olives. ThatBobbieGirl, many thanks!
jjw100 -- Here's two solutions if you find it too thin: Reduce or eliminate the water in the recipe. Secondly - add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of instant clearjel while blending (before adding the olives) This works nicely for those times when you want a thicker dressing. I purposely make it thinner so we use less to cover the whole salad - and save calories.
I had great hopes for this recipe, but it was too watery. The combination of ingredients is excellent; thicken it up and it's a winner.