Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
My DH and I were asking, "What else would be good in this?" while we were inventing the dish together. The addition of prosciutto adds an extra dimension to this classic side dish.
- 12 ounces green beans (French Haricot Verts)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup prosciutto, diced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- Toast the almonds and allow to cool. Cook/steam the beans to crisp texture - do not overcook.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil on medium-low heat. Add garlic and bell pepper and saute for 1 minute or until garlic releases its aroma.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring lightly. Add mixture to the beans and toss lightly. Salt and pepper to taste.