Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
These are so yummy. I served them to my gang at Christmas. There were none leftover.
Make and share this Garlic Green Beans With Bacon recipe from Food.com.
- Blanch green beans until tender crisp.
- Flash in ice water to stop cooking.
- Fry bacon until crisp; chop into 1/2 " pieces; set aside.
- Mince garlic; put into a pyrex measuring cup with the butter.
- Microwave butter and garlic until butter is melted.
- Toss beans with garlic and butter in a skillet until heated through.
- Add bacon.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
I knew going in that I would like this because it is your recipe and I've yet to make anything from you that is less than yummy. This was no exception. Made as directed other than scaling it down for 2 of us. I loved that the bacon got added at the end rather than earlier in the process because it retained the crispiness. I also appreciated that it could be done in stages - I blanched and iced the beans down and then 5 minutes before the rest of the meal was ready finished the steps. A real winner at this house! Thanks for sharing.
DS requested green beans & bacon with Christmas dinner but I couldn't locate the recipe I've used in the past. I found this one that used garlic instead of onion & since garlic is in just about everything we cook I figured it had to be good. We weren't disappointed & DH had two helpings which for him is unheard of with green beans. I used a bag of fresh frozen beans & a full pound of bacon. (Yeah, we had a little beans with our bacon. lol) These were so easy to make & were really enjoyed by everyone. Thanks for sharing, Connie!
I doubled the recipe. The beans were delicious.