Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I've never really like the flavor of fresh green beans until I prepared them this way. I always get a request to make these from my husband. I think he would eat these everyday if I let him!
- 1 lb fresh cleaned green beans
- 3 -4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- Place cleaned green beans in a pot of boiling salted water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large frying pan over medium high heat add your olive oil and butter together.
- Stir in your garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add in your green beans and cook and additional 5 minutes.
- Season with pepper and additional salt if needed.
These were really, really good. I thought they were very flavorful without overpowering the taste of the beans. Thanks very much for the recipe. These will be made often here!
In my opinion, they could use more flavor. I added toasted almonds for a nice crunch, but the oil and garlic didn't add the flavor I was looking for to the beans.
Jeanette, Thanks for this great side dish,I was afraid it would be too oily as ducky said,so I cut the oil down to 1 Tablespoon,and I used canned green beans as I had no fresh ones,but it turned out great.I thought these were very tasty.Thanks Darlene