Recipe by appetizerqueen
Healthy, tasty, quick green beans. AND garlicy too. Makes a great side dish or a dipping appetizer.
Top Review by whtbxrmom
If you like garlic, you will enjoy this recipe. If you LOVE garlic you may be disappointed. I typically double the garlic in every recipe because my house is filled with garlic lovers. On this recipe I added an extra clove to the water. I also added an extra teaspoon of minced garlic to the smashed garlic cloves in the olive oil. Even with all the additions, we felt these only had a mild garlic flavor. We put the garlic pepper seasoning grinder out on the table, everyone single person used it.
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer garlic cloves in 4 cups water simmer high 20-30 minutes. (water should smell garlicy).
- remove garlic and set aside.
- Place beans into water increase to medium high heat and cook beans 5 minutes.
- While beans are cooking in water, use a fork to smash the garlic and place garlic into frying pan.
- Add olive oil to pan and stir with garlic over medium high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add beans to pan and fry for 5 minutes stirring or tossing beans while frying.
- Remove beans from pan and serve.
- Can be used as an appetizer, dipping beans in some ranch or your favorite dip.