Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Healthy, tasty, quick green beans. AND garlicy too. Makes a great side dish or a dipping appetizer.
- Simmer garlic cloves in 4 cups water simmer high 20-30 minutes. (water should smell garlicy).
- remove garlic and set aside.
- Place beans into water increase to medium high heat and cook beans 5 minutes.
- While beans are cooking in water, use a fork to smash the garlic and place garlic into frying pan.
- Add olive oil to pan and stir with garlic over medium high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add beans to pan and fry for 5 minutes stirring or tossing beans while frying.
- Remove beans from pan and serve.
- Can be used as an appetizer, dipping beans in some ranch or your favorite dip.
I tried one of your dessets and it was great, so I decided to try this recipe too. Again, great. What a great way to flavor the water with garlic and soften the garlic at the same time. Very simple and delicious.