Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
Taken from http://theprimitivepalate.com/2015/01/25/keto-garlic-gnocchi/
- Place cheese and garlic in a microwave safe bowl and toss around to combine. Melt cheese in microwave for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
- Fold in one egg yolk at a time until a homogeneous dough forms. This actually takes a little elbow grease!
- Portion dough into 4 balls.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 10 minutes.
- Lightly grease a silpat or parchment (and your hands-it helps from sticking!) and roll out each ball into a 14-15″ log.
- Slice each log into 1″ pieces. (If you like, you can press the tip of a fork onto each piece to get that “gnocchi” look but it’s not necessary).
- In a large pot, bring about a half gallon of salted water to a boil (like you would for normal pasta). Place all the gnocchi into the pot and cook until they float, about 2-3 minutes. The strain into a colander. (*note: a few of my readers say that have skipped this step and the gnocchi still turns out great!).
- Heat a large non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Add a tablespoon of butter and a tablespoon of oil to pan.
- Add gnocchi and saute each side for about 1-2 minutes, until golden brown.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve!