Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Something a little different to dress up pasta. Use the vegetable broth option and make the dish vegetarian. Or add some cooked, diced chicken breast and make this a full meal. Vary the vegetables according to your tastes or what you have on hand.
- 16 ounces linguine
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 12 ounces snow peas, trimmed and cut diagonally in 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup scallions or 1 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- salt and pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Drain, cover and set aside.
- While pasta cooks, heat oil in a large skillet; add peppers and carrots. Sauté 1 minute.
- Add garlic and ginger; sauté 1 minute.
- Add snow peas and scallions; sauté 1 minute.
- Add broth; bring to a simmer.
- In a small container, combine cornstarch and water; stir to blend.
- Whisk the cornstarch mixture into the sauce. Cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Taste for seasonings; add salt, pepper and/or red pepper flakes as desired.
- Add pasta; toss to combine. Serve immediately.