Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
People who hate fish (especially salmon) go nuts over this. It should be called 'The Best' Salmon recipe. Prep time includes marinade time.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- Mix everything but fish in a shallow dish.
- Place salmon, skin side up, into marinade. Marinade in fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Remove fish from dish. Drain marinade but keep garlic and ginger chunks.
- Pile chunks from marinade onto top of salmon forming a crust.
- Place salmon back into baking dish or on piece of foil.
- Bake at 450 for 20 minutes, or until fish flakes with a fork.
This is very good, but the cooking time is off. We left ours in the oven for only 12 minutes and it was still overdone.
This was a seriously tasty piece of salmon. I only made two steaks because there are only two of us but I used the full marinade and then boiled down what was left over and drizzled over some of the veggies I served with it and that was lovely. I used tamari instead of soy and splenda brown sugar blend because they were what I had on hand and they worked great. I probably gave it about 3 1/2 in the fridge and it was beautifully tender when cooked. Made for Healthy Choices tag.
This is so easy and full of flavor. I made the full recipe for 3 6 oz. fillets, and there was plenty. I marinated 2 hours and cooked 400 for 13 minutes, because that is how I usually cook small salmon fillets. It turned out great! Thanks herby!